Page 1 - Reviews - California Gold Nutrition, L-Glutamine Powder, AjiPure, Gluten Free, 16 oz (454 g) - iHerb
PK
Posted on Apr 16, 2022

High quality L-Glutamine made by Ajinomoto. The taste is not bitter. I'm taking it to recover my gut and to help with keeping and building muscles while losing weight. It helps me feel less hungry and it's easy on the stomach. One can take it with or without food. I drink one scoop (5g to 5,6g depending on how it fills up) on an empty stomach in the morning and another scoop later. It is not in the label but researching I found it has 20 calories per 5g. Tip: if you leave a piece of the safety seal you can use it to level the scoop without another utensil.

Posted on Apr 9, 2022

I got this L-glutamine powder because it has a great price point and a clean ingredient list. So far I am very satisfied with it. I drink it every morning on empty stomach mixed with homemade ginger juice and pineapple juice. The goal is to heal my gut!!! Can’t wait for the benefits to kick in soon ✨✨

Posted on Apr 4, 2022

l- glutamine helps in recovery after training sessions, it helped me to recover fast and sleep well..... 😉 I don't feel any burden on muscles 💪 coz this product is super cool.... I was using Local L-Glutamine suppliments for 2 years I felt that i am just putting powder in my body. after using this Product I felt that there is exactly L-glutamin products exist. I would recommend to all athletes or workout lover.

Posted on May 31, 2022

Great quality. The powder doesn't have any taste to it and it's very easy to blend it with water (I find it ok just the way it is, though you can blend it with a juice). There is a convenient measuring scoop (5 grams) attached. I will definitely keep purchasing this product since I felt a major improvement in my gut health. Great supplement with many benefits.

Posted on Jan 30, 2022

I'm really glad I found this. I've been taking it for over 2 weeks to heal my leaky gut. I was getting fungal acne because of leaky gut. This product doesn't have any other ingredient other than l-glutamine, which is perfect for me as I often get hives when taking supplements in high doses. This one did not give me any allergic reactions and made my acne go away. I once stopped taking it for 2 days (to find out which supplement was giving me hives) and my fungal acne came back. I know it's this one that helped with my acne cause it went away again since I started taking it again. I've been taking 30g a day and plan to do it for another month or so. Haven't seen improvements with bloating yet. But it definitely helped with my skin. I feel more energetic too.

Posted on Dec 16, 2021

I first started using l-glutamine about 15 years ago after emergency bowel resection surgery. I experienced unending gut discomfort for weeks. I finally went to an integrative physician who suggested l-glutamine to heal my gut. Finally I had relief!! It's one of the best things also for "leaky gut". Now I use it pre and post workouts at the gym. I find this particular product to be high quality at a good price

Posted on Dec 1, 2021

Looks like a great quality product that I'm trying out to heal my leaky gut and lifelong battle with Psoriasis. My Psoriasis is very mild now as I've been eating super clean with lots of healthy animal fats and proteins which benefitted me so much more than a vegan diet (10yrs). Taking 2 scoops a day (morning and night) with food as this is "free form" l-glutamine which can be better absorbed when taken with food.

Posted on Nov 1, 2021

This l-glutamine worked very well for me. I used it for digestive health and for stabilising blood sugar. I can't recommend it highly enough for people who are pre-diabetic. I don't know the exact mechanism but it definitely helps insulin sensitivity. Though, if glutamine can heal the gut then you would expect that this would indirectly influence blood sugar control given that gut health and diabetes are related. All in all, a high quality and affordable form of l-glutamine. If you've been told this amino acid is just for athletes, then you don't know the full story. I speak from experience. Please like my review if you found it helpful.

Posted on Aug 16, 2021

I've sampled 12 different glutamine powders in the past year. I take several tablespoons at a time for a medical condition. This brand has the least objectionable flavor and very little texture. Many powders are gritty or will give you a queasy stomach. But not this one. It dissolves easily, has very little flavor, and has the least amount of upset when taken in large amounts. It also has high quality ingredients because it works. Believe me, I would know.

Posted on Jul 1, 2021

This is a nice fine powder, with no taste, if anything leans on the sweet side. I put a scoop into my protein shake. Mixes well & no negative effects. I cant say I notice results. It's more of a maintenance supplement that supports me going to the gym 3-4 days a week. The price isn't too bad so I'll probably get this again. :)