Flatbread Pizza with Apples, Arugula and Pecans
Eating pizza can be healthy! Discover how.
With some smart updates, anyone can replace that greasy pile of dough and meat with a light and delicious pie. Get a healthy dose of vitamin K and antioxidants with the addition of arugula and apples, and add a crunchy texture with pecans.
- 1 (1-pound) flatbread
- cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard or your favorite mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp. honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 Tbs. chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place flatbread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over flatbread; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 450° F for 8 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Combine oil, mustard, lemon, and honey in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
Some of the ingredients in this recipe can be picked up from iHerb’s Grocery Page!